To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Use Metal at My Craft Spot!

Hello, sweet friends! I hope you had a wonderful first weekend of November! (Eeeep!) Today begins a new challenge at My Craft Spot and this week it's all about metal (Real or Faux)! I personally love metal accents on cards, so I'm excited to see what everyone links up. :o)

It was a tough week for me health-wise, so I'm thankful I was able to squeeze out this little card on time! I'm feeling much better now and am eager to return to normal crafting. :o) (I'm ready to burst, actually!)
For my simple card, I used a couple of my favorite goodies from Kimberly's newest release. :o) And since I love metal so much, I used three types: metal filigree corners from Wild Orchid Crafts, jingly bells, and a snowflake charm. The jolly sentiment is from the O Holy Night stamp set, which I've nestled inside one of the new Shaker Ornaments SVG files. I love these fun files and so many of Kimberly's festive sentiments fit inside. :o) 
The shaker is filled with colors from the Berry Red and Christmas Candy sequin sets, along with some crystalline microbeads. I accented my ornament (and the snowy flourishes) with crystal and garnet Recollections rhinestones. I put a ring of Star Dust around the sides of the shaker window (inside and out) for extra sparkle. Chocolate twine serves as my ornament hanger.

The snowflake paper was a freebie from a magazine, which my sweetheart surprised me with a few weeks ago. :o) I paired it with gorgeous patterns from the Teresa Collins Christmas Home collection, which I won from my sweet friend Diana. (Thank you!) The Fancy Flourish die cuts are from My Favorite Things and are topped with snowflakes from Cheery Lynn Designs.
Be sure to visit My Craft Spot to check out the beautiful creations from some of my teamies! Thank you for fluttering on by and I wish you a beautiful day! :o)

Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Holiday Thanks)
 *Christmas Card Challenges~ Anything Goes (Optional: No Embellishments)
 *Crafty Catz~ Anything Goes
 *DL.Art~ November Linky Party (Anything Goes)
 *Moving Along with the Times~ Winter is Coming
 *Simon Wednesday Challenge~ Anything Goes

22 comments:

  1. My dear friend. I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I do hope that you are feeling much better now and will soon be full of sparkle!
    Your card is so beautiful. The shaker design full of sequins and beads is wonderful, I love the pretty papers and the gorgeous swirls with the added snowflakes look so pretty.
    Take care, sending you big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning design! Such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Karen, I used the same colors today - so fun for the Holidays. I love all your swirls and flourishes.I love that you used some extra sparkle on the inside and out. I hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes November Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely stunning!! Wow, the shaker ornament looks amazing!! I love the different metals you used...they just make the card so beautiful!! The flourishes are a perfect touch!! And what fabulous papers!! This is truly spectacular...and more so that you weren't feeling well while making it.

    I am so sorry I haven't been around...I am still behind and just can't seem to get caught up. I will email you later today. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Even when we can't talk, you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Hugest hugs my dear friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, Oh my goodness again your talents are showing through your card ...stunning dies used to create this and the attention to detail is gorgeous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is really pretty Karen! love your shaker ornament card.... Love all the dies and awesome detailing you did to your card..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! Your card is beyond gorgeous, Karen! Beautiful shaker ornament, dies, charm, and bells! Love your style so very pretty! And, glad that your are feeling better!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could think of a better word than gorgeous I would use it. But I can't.
    This is truly gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Karen! I love the wonderful shaker ornament with the beautiful sequins! All of the flourishes are absolutely stunning and the extra touch of sparkle is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well... Hope you'll be back to normal very quickly! :) Your card is beautiful! I love the swirls and the shaker! Those are always fun to make! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY SNICKERDOODLES!!!!!! This is outstanding Karen! WOW! First of all, the colours are just gorgeous! Secondly, all your flourishes and metal accents are perfectly placed, thirdly...and this is my favourite bit...AN ORNAMENT SHAKER!! It's genius, It's stunning and it's what I have come to adore about your brilliantly creative mind! I just love it my friend! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, I'm sorry to hear to weren't feeling well, but I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! Big hugs :)

      Delete
  12. Oh my - stunning design. What a fabulous shaker element and love those little bells and snowfalke. Beautiful papers! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, I'm so sorry that you had a rough week but am delighted that you are now back to feeling much better and that you create again.

    Your card is stunning! The papers are such a wonderful combination of Christmas and winter. I love the look of the red on the pale blue with that splash of green trim on the ornament window. Ad all your little metallic details are fabulous!! Being down for a little bit didn't cause any damage to your sparkly creativity and talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card!! Such a fabulous design! Love the color combo!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh Karen, this is absolutely stunning! The papers are so pretty and wow, love the shaker ornament in the center and the fabulous sentiment! How fun to add the sequins and micro beads...just gorgeous! Your patter papers are beautiful! LOVE this!
    have a super day my friend and SO glad your feeling better!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, Karen. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely! This is such a beautiful design! I love the flourishes and that shaker is just perfect! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better Karen! Know that I keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful day <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, that's lovely.

    Thanks for sharing at MAWTT.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karen,
    I love the red & turquoise color combo. The ornament die is one of my favorite! I adore the sweet sentiment, sequins and microbeads. I am a huge fan of the snowflake die & snowflake paper!
    A STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL card!!! Such a Fabulous & fun Shaker card!!
    I am happy to hear that you are feeling better my friend!!
    Sending TONS of my love, hugs & smiles.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen!
    I happened upon your card and had to visit your blog to take a closer look. Your card is absolutely exquisite! I love festive color palette, the shaker ornament, and how you've added snow flakes to the flourishes to dress them up for the season!! Your little silver bells give a fabulous finishing touch to your ornament, and the sequins are inspired!! Visiting your blog was a bright spot in my day.
    Your newest follower,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips